new banner

new banner

вторник, 19 декабря 2017 г.

As We Clean up the Dirt… Let There Be Light…

This week is an interesting one given that we begin with a serious New Moon on Monday,
providing us an opportunity to make intentions for how to say goodbye to 2017, real and clear.
Then we close out the week with the Longest Night (in the northern Hemisphere/ opposite Down Under) followed by the Winter Solstice where we celebrate the rebirth of the Light.
Symbolically this season is so rich with metaphor, that if you pay attention, you really can see the connections between all of it. Yes we’re still being invited to clean up the dirt in our lives in the last week of mercury retrograde, refusing, reassessing, re-calibrating, revisiting, repairing and reinforcing. Even though this is the symbolic time of greatest darkness there is so much Light being called into the world right now it’s amazing.
Can you feel it? You know it comes from you .. and from every person that is willing to make the necessary changes to the way they think, to say no to fear and yes to Love.
Although we still need to slog through the lessons, no doubt stumbling without a whole lot of grace, (speaking for myself) we’re called to learn from this cycle regarding our beliefs, philosophy, and the way we communicate with each other and manage our relationship to power.
If you look closely around you, you can’t help but be moved by all the changes initiated in 2017!
I find it fascinating how we can track our evolution by watching the stars and listening to the best astrologers tell our human story in broad strokes. Right now, the stars are amply active with housecleaning tips for removing the hardened layers we’d all just come to accept as “ the way things are”, and I love how the Light is illuminating our collective shadow.
We still need to act, speak up, choose and create within these amazing aspects and we can never say we weren’t given the opportunity to do so. We are the ones to give ourselves the opportunity. It’s not coming from outside us. The # Me Too movement is like a wild river moving through the world with a fury for now, that will eventually settle, but right now it’s amazing to watch and be part of it all. I know the legacy of accepted abuse that goes all up through generations of women in my family is being healed by this.
Of course this is only one piece of the global story shifting under our feet, but an important one.
But, I thought I’d mention it given it’s a subject many of you relate to.
No coincidence the latest Star Wars movie main character is female! Synchronicity is everywhere!
So as we approach the Solstice this week, we can do our personal inventory to see what needs to go, what needs more energy, what needs less etc. Our individual lives are intertwined to make up the bigger picture after all.
This brings me to consider what we need more of.. So I think about what I need more of, and so rather than speak for you I will speak for me and hopefully you will identify.
At this time of year, yes, I am a blend of Silly Happy Holiday Hippy and Thoughtful Life Inventory Maker. I experience both of these equally. But I also have another deeply personal experience that maybe you share too.
During the holidays, I think of all the people I loved and lost. Both my parents are gone, and although my relationship to them is healed, I am still reminded of the human journey so fraught with suffering, frailty, and sorrow, along with the joy. I think of so many dogs, each one breaking my heart wide open, and then some friends too, that have crossed over and are now experiencing a different reality in another dimension than mine. I think of how fear prevented me for being more present in my relationships, and how now I choose to risk Love with all my heart and soul in spite of the fear.
I know to have more Love in my life I need to be a channel for it, for forgiveness, for honesty, courage and authenticity.
What I’m saying is I need more to come from inside me, less fear, more Love, more Faith, less judgment, less need to control.
I bring it all back to mortality. What we do with our lives while we are here, in the blink of an eye we come and go. How many of us, myself included held back because it was too threatening to love fully? So many stories told and accepted choke us from being present to the truth of the world we have built and the opportunities to change it.
I came across a poem that speaks to this so eloquently.
Tis a Fearful Thing
‘Tis a fearful thing
to love what death can touch.
A fearful thing
to love, to hope, to dream, to be –
to be,
And oh, to lose.
A thing for fools, this,
And a holy thing,
a holy thing
to love.
For your life has lived in me,
your laugh once lifted me,
your word was gift to me.
To remember this brings painful joy.
‘Tis a human thing, love,
a holy thing, to love
what death has touched.”
― Yehuda HaLevi
To Love is to fully live.. And I think this is what is happening now around the world, as we begin our journey to healing, shining Light on the rotten foundations so we can make something new. I know it is only the beginning and I feel like it’s only getting started now, the momentum to Love is growing. Love, respect, inclusivity, collaboration, connection, is what I’m aiming for.
We risk the hurt, the vulnerability and the mortality of it all. But.. without it there is no magic, and isn’t that what life’s all about? Something to think about.
Love you always and forever!
https://www.colettebaronreid.com/2017/12/18/clean-dirt-let-light/?inf_contact_key=4546694652d3e7c0adfb542c09d266a4c725245da4ed45641dc1db2b06d2f859

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий