new banner

new banner

среда, 22 марта 2017 г.

Try approving of yourself

Affirmation Image
How perfect you were when you were a tiny baby. Babies do not have to do anything to
become perfect; they already are and they act as if they know it. They know they are the center of the Universe. They are not afraid to ask for what they want. They freely express their emotions. You know when a baby is angry-in fact, the whole neighborhood does. You also know when babies are happy, for their smiles light up a room. They are full of love. Once we are older, we learn to live without love, but babies will not stand for it. They have incredible courage.
You were like that. We were all like that. Then we began to listen to adults around us who had learned to be fearful, and we began to deny our own magnificence. The wonderful thing is, it doesn’t matter how long we have had negative patterns, or illness, or a rotten relationship, or lack of finances, or self-hatred, we can begin to make a change today. The thoughts we have held and the words we have repeatedly used have created our lives and experiences up to this point until we lost our former perfect self. But we can get that beauty back, all we have to do is change our thinking. 

How often have we said, “That’s the way I am,” or “That’s the way it is.” What we are really saying is that is what we have come to believe that to be true for us. The truth is, what we believe is usually someone else’s opinion that we have accepted and incorporated into our own belief system. In other words, we are trying to define ourselves by somebody else’s definition of perfection, or society’s version of perfection. Magazines and television bombard us with false examples of what perfection really is. We need to realize that we are all unique beings, created by the divine, and there no such thing as an imperfect soul. Like the newborn baby, we come into the world just as we should be and we must, once again, find our true selves. 

“Beauty and ingenuity beat perfection hands down, every time.”
~ Nalo Hopkinson
 

My beloved friend Wayne Dyer said, “Thoughts are mental energy; they’re the currency that you have to attract what you desire. You must learn to stop spending that currency on thoughts you don’t want, even though you may feel compelled to continue your habitual behavior.” 

Open, loving communication with children is one of my greatest joys. I listen to what they say, and they listen to what I say. Children always imitate adults. If a child near me is behaving negatively, I examine my own negative beliefs. I know that as I heal myself, I will also help heal the child. I affirm that I love myself unconditionally. I become consciously willing to let go of all negative beliefs. I become an example of a positive, loving person. The child can then begin to love herself or himself, and their negative behavior dissolves, sometimes immediately, sometimes gradually. I also connect with my own inner child. As I stabilize my adult life, my inner child feels safe and loved. With safety and love comes the willingness to go beyond many old patterns. 

To practice changing your thoughts to more loving ones, you can visit my website daily for a new positive affirmation each day

Let’s affirm: All is right with my world. 

Love,
Louise's Signature 


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий