new banner

new banner

четверг, 28 января 2016 г.

BLOOD TYPE DIET SUCCESS STORY


Jamie Robin knew she needed to lose weight. The 31 year old singer/songwriter, full-figured model,
actress and graphic designer had tried everything and when the scale was moving past 279 lbs, she knew she had to take action. Thanks to her new Blood Type and GenoType lifestyle, she has lost 70 pounds and is well on her way to her goal weight.
Jamie had always struggled with her weight, “I was an overweight child. Then I thinned out and nearly became anorexic during my early teen years. I was in a dance company and had a very warped body image. I was 5’8 and 140 pounds and all I could see when I looked in the mirror was that I had fat knees. The dance company didn’t help my self image – they put me on probation because I wasn’t thin enough. I had actual curves and looking back was stunning, but the teenagers I was dancing next to were built like little boys. I thought that I was fat, and I thought that being fat meant being ugly. Eventually I stopped dancing and my physical body caught up with my mental body image. It took me to get to 270+ lbs. to realize that being fat did NOT mean being ugly. I realized that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, but that I needed to lose weight because I DESERVE to be healthy and happy. I was already good enough and my weight had nothing to do with that. However, I deserve to be at my ideal weight to accomplish the things that I was put here to do. My goal was and is to be the best version of myself that I can be!”
Jamie tried everything – all the popular diets and even a weight loss camp where she lost almost 40 pounds, but put it all back on again. She tried out for the popular TV show, The Biggest Loser, twice and made it to the final round both times. When she didn’t make the final cut the second time, she decided not to wait another year – she would do it on her own. She consulted a naturopathic physician, Dr. Steve Nenninger, to help her to find a diet to support her thyroid. Dr. Nenninger puts all his patients on the Blood Type and GenoType Diets. Jamie was familiar with Eat Right 4 Your Type, as she had read it in college, but she was, “too addicted to white flour and sugar and not ready to stick to it.” This Type O Gatherer learned that staying away from most grains and eating a diet of more whole, natural foods that you would find in nature helps her to lose weight. “I find that in general, staying away from wheat, processed sugar, soy and milk help me to lose weight.” says Jamie.
The first two weeks on the diet was “REALLY hard” for Jamie. “But just knowing in black and white that I had to stay away from grains, dairy, soy and processed sugar made it easier because it was so clean cut. Finding foods I COULD eat and really liked was challenging at first, because I was so dependent on bread and dairy, but knowing that I had NO choice forced me to look at other options, mostly fruit, to cut the cravings. Berries are my best friends. I eat as many whole organic foods as possible. The more natural the state, the better the food. She says she still eats some things in moderation on the weekends – that includes a little wheat and dairy. “I figure that if I have the weekend when I can ‘cheat’ it helps me stay on track during the week. There is no way that with one or two weekend days I could undo all the good I did in 5 days during the week.”
Food cravings had been a problem for Jamie in the past, but with this new lifestyle she has found that her cravings are much less. “My body has woken up to the fact and sense that certain foods are just not good for it. That’s why it’s a lifestyle change. Diets don’t work. When I really crave something that is completely counterproductive to my new lifestyle (like a cupcake), I buy it, take two bites and throw it out before I finish the third bite. I know it’s not cost-effective, but it’s better in the garbage than on my thighs.”
Even after her traumatic childhood experience with dance, Jamie has not lost her passion for it and takes a dance class four to five times a week. “They’re fun and challenging” says Jamie. When she can’t make a dance class, she will use the elliptical machine for 45 minutes. “When I started, I could only do it for 10 minutes, so I did more dance classes than the machine, but as I lost weight it became easier. On really motivated days, I do a dance class and the elliptical.” She also lives in New York City, and will walk to work on nice days and enjoys walking around the City on the weekends, exploring street fairs and shopping.
Like most New Yorkers she finds that she eats out often and says that it’s not too hard to find “friendly” foods in restaurants. She says she orders what she wants and if it comes with an “avoid” food, like a bun, she will take them off her plate, but generally orders food that she knows she will feel good about after she’s eaten it. “It’s really not that hard when you’ve changed your lifestyle.” Jamie says confidently.
It was with the understanding that a lifestyle change needed to take place that Jamie began this journey. Right after she met with Dr. Nenninger, and just before she started eating right for her type, she saw a documentary about the science of addiction and how it affects the brain, “Our cells become physically dependent on a particular polypeptide and we have to have it over and over again. A light went off in my brain when I heard that. It was not ME that was addicted, it was my BODY. I realized it was not my fault; it really was a physical addition on all levels. I had to take control of my body…and it was hard, but it was a conscious behavioral change that I needed to make in order to change my body’s chemical dependency on its own internal substances. I am in control of my behavior and once my behavioral patterns started to change, my brain started to work differently and started to form new patterns in relation to exercise and food.”
Jamie is such an inspiration and has been enjoying the benefits of her new lifestyle and new body – “my sisters are thrilled that I’ve lost weight. My entire life has changed. I have more energy, I get more attention when I go out and I’m also friendlier to new people.” A new life indeed!
http://northamericanpharmacal.com/living/2015/10/blood-type-diet-success-story-2/?utm_source=D%27Adamo+Personalized+Nutrition&utm_campaign=f815bbbd68-Welcome_Series&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_184199eeee-f815bbbd68-163455921&mc_cid=f815bbbd68&mc_eid=095b76b96b

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий