new banner

new banner

вторник, 5 января 2016 г.

JEN'S STORY

My husband and I thought it would be a great idea to have our kids close together. So we had them
19 months apart: pure craziness. Juggling an active toddler and a newborn with colic was one of the hardest times of my life and quickly had me hitting the wall with my energy. I was constantly exhausted and overwhelmed with it all. For years I hit up Starbucks twice a day, the baristas knew my name and order. Even with this much caffeine in my body, I was still tired. I could barely get up out of bed each morning and would yawn throughout the entire day. I felt like my body had defeated me and wouldn't allow me to be the active mom that I so wanted to be.
It was about that time that Jadah told me she was drinking green smoothies and had so much more energy. I wanted that so badly. I had been a vegetarian for 16 years and thought I was a healthy person, but the truth is that I wouldn't touch a salad or eat most veggies. I lived off fruits, bean burritos, Lucky Charms, coffee and grilled cheese sandwiches. #truestory
This lifestyle obviously wasn't working and I was ready for a change. The idea of a smoothie packed with fruits and spinach was promising especially since Jadah assured me that it would actually taste good. I took my husband and kids shopping to buy our ingredients and as a family we made our first green smoothie. My kids were 1 1/2 and 3 years old, and they were asking for seconds! At that moment I knew I was doing something right for me and my kids.
We started making green smoothies every day as a family. The energy I got from just that one green smoothie a day replaced my morning coffee. I was waking up feeling more alive and ready to conquer the day. Not only did I have enough energy to sustain me throughout the day, I had so much more that I got back into running and completed a half marathon. I was finally back to a place in my life where my body was thriving.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий