new banner

new banner

пятница, 21 июня 2019 г.

Earth Rotation and the Mighty OM


I was completely fascinated by the technology and the recording science that captures this
sound in a vacuum. This eerie soundscape was captivating. My mind seeking poetic comparisons: a storm brewing out at sea or a windy night just before the snowfall. Then, under the shifting vibration, I could hear a constant drone, a humming that was somehow familiar to me. A recognition of something ancient and familiar, as if part of me. I closed my eyes and meditated on the experience. Like a soothing balm, it expanded into my awareness–was this undertone the sweet resonating OM?
OM, sometimes written AUM, and more often than not is expressed by the symbol above is the most sacred syllable and mantra of Brahma, the Almighty God in Hinduism. Brahman is Supreme Self, Ultimate Reality, Creator of all Existence. The syllable is often chanted either independently or before other mantras and prayers. It denotes the essence of primordial sound. The first and eternal vibration that manifests everything into existence.
The symbol is part of the historic iconography found throughout ancient manuscripts, temples, and ashrams belonging to Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. The depth and complexity of meaning or incantation changes marginally as it is woven in time and through varying religious scriptures and traditions.
It made perfect sense to me that this would be the sound a planet makes as it rotates on its axis. The only sound a planet could make as a resonating prayer back to Existence. An eternal Earth mantra echoing billions of years with no interest or awareness of Time. I could feel my being both shrink into sublime insignificance and also expand into gratitude for my place on this Earth. I imagined just how important every animate and inanimate object is on this precious Earth. And how everything has its place of belonging. I wrote the following short poem to try and capture the awe and mystery that was swooning inside of me. The poem stands now as a shorthand reminder of the magnitude of my experience; something to return to and find solace within when I feel perhaps overwhelmed and am spinning in my daily life. The poem reminds me of the bigger picture; that we are all being held by the mighty OM.
Earth sounds from space.

‘Petals’ by Paul C Pritchard

You and me
to witness the sky upon our heads
to contribute to the drone
of the Earth spinning through space
to change time and every four years
to add a second …
Petals, soft and fragile, have no need of time
a time to accelerate cell DNA
unfurl and a time to fade …
in the meantime, just being
Just being at one and part of the drone
of the Earth spinning
I am that
that would notice even the subtle variation in pitch,
the subtle variation in tone
if that lone flower should never open
and her petals never came home
~
How does the rotating Earth soundtrack make you feel? Does it stir anything in you? Please share in the comments below.
And have a wonderful day filled with the vibration of OM.
Team UPLIFT
https://upliftconnect.com/earth-rotation-and-the-mighty-om/?utm_source=UPLIFT&utm_campaign=fe19c59d69-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_06_20_07_08&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_19c1fc07c2-fe19c59d69-112953829

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий