new banner

new banner

среда, 19 августа 2015 г.

HOW TO REBOOT YOUR SPIRIT

Here are my journal notes for “rebooting my spirit.” I listed five elements:
  1. Go someplace beautiful. The Goff’s lodge is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. There is also something about being in the great outdoors that connects you more directly to God and to your place in his world. It provided me with much-needed perspective.
  2. Be fully present. I discovered a week before I left on the trip that we wouldn’t have cell phone or Internet access. I thought, No way. I cannot be offline right now. I have too much going on. As it turned out, this wasexactly what I needed. It allowed be to be fully immersed in the experience without the temptation to be somewhere other than where I was.
  3. Have deep conversations. I am an introvert by nature. I don’t naturally seek out people I don’t know. Yet, here I was in the wilderness with twenty people, most of whom I didn’t know—at all. Yet, I found endless delight in hearing their stories, comparing notes, and crying when I left them to come home.
  4. Spend time alone. The retreat had the perfect balance between structure and spontaneity, group time and alone time. Periodically, Don shared with us his thoughts and then asked us to spend some time on our own reflecting on a specific question. All I had was my journal and a bottle of water. I prayed, wrote in my journal, and just enjoyed being.
  5. Have an adventure. The first afternoon, Bob took us to Chatterbox Falls, located at the end of Princess Louisa Inlet. After a brief hike, we squeezed behind the waterfall, in the slim corridor between the solid rock wall and the falling water. The sound was deafening; the water was freezing. Then, at Bob’s invitation, we walked through the falls, feeling the full force of the water as it pummeled us from above. I cut and bruised my leg but it was so worth it. The experience was exhilarating!
http://michaelhyatt.com/how-to-reboot-your-spirit.html?utm_source=Michael+Hyatt+Newsletter&utm_campaign=16b786656c-rssdaily2&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d1fa5823d7-16b786656c-251728449

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий