new banner

new banner

пятница, 14 августа 2015 г.

World’s Greatest Leadership Tool?

Periscope just may be the greatest leadership tool ever invented. I said this about Twitter in 2008, but it is even more true of Periscope. Why? Here are nine reasons I love this new medium and think leaders should consider adopting it ASAP. (Michael Hyatt)

  1. Super easy-to-use. If you have a phone, you have all the equipment you need. Sure you can add a tripod or special lighting, but you don’t need much. Plus, there are only a few buttons you need to use: Start broadcast and Stop broadcast. It’s too easy not to use.
  2. Deeper conversation. I am using Periscope to discuss my blog posts and podcasts. This gives me an opportunity to lead conversations at a much deeper level than what I can do in those other media. Anyone with a message to share or a vision to cast stands to benefit from this.
  3. More intimate connection. Because Periscope is live, it feels more intimate. As a broadcaster, you get to share more informally and that automatically creates a closer connection. People feel like they get to peer behind the scenes. And intimacy paves the way for greater influence.
  4. Multidimensional communication. I believe in print. I have spent most of my life as a book publisher and more recently as a blogger. However, in the last three years, I have made a major commitment to audio and video. Why? Because it allows me to communicate in a richer, more nuanced way. Periscope builds on that opportunity and takes it to another level.
  5. Immediate feedback. One of the things I first loved about blogging was the ability to get feedback from my readers via the comments. It’s one of the reasons I encouraged leaders of all kinds to blog. But Periscope takes commenting to a whole new level. Feedback happens in real time. And, it’s bidirectional. I can offer more immediate, specific answer to people’s questions. Beyond that, instead of a static “like” or one-time retweet, viewers can applaud with “hearts” whenever they like what they see and hear. That not only keeps me excited but it also lends powerful real-time social proof.
  6. Audience interaction. One of the things I have noticed about Periscope is that the conversation is not not just between me and my viewers. My viewers talk to one another. Periscope provides the ability to reply specifically to other viewers. If you’re trying to build a community and consensus, this is a major opportunity.
  7. Robust community. I find myself developing deep friendships and new friendships with fellow “scopers.” I jump on their broadcasts and promote them on mine. I am noticing a new community developing—and, it involves audience members, too. 
  8. Video experience. I used to be terrified of doing video. Well, maybe terrified is too strong of a word, but I certainly wasn’t comfortable with it. I’ve grown more comfortable, but it is still a challenge. However, by using Periscope on a daily basis, I am growing more comfortable with the medium. In fact, I am actually looking forward to it—something I couldn’t have imagined saying just three years ago.
  9. Scalable value. As a leader, my goal is to add value in everything I do. Periscope provides another way to do that. It gives me the opportunity to mentor hundreds and perhaps thousands of people. I could never do that one-on-one. It doesn’t scale. Periscope does. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий